Professional Termite Barriers
GET A FREE QUOTE NOW!
Get rid of termites with fast and effective barriers
Termites infest and damage 1 out of every 5 Australian homes.
That’s why termite barriers are a crucial aspect of protecting your Brisbane home or building from the damage.
This type of protection is a physical or chemical barrier that prevents these insects from entering your property or building. Physical barriers can include stainless steel mesh or plastic sheeting, while chemical barriers are created by applying a chemical to the soil around the property.
Whatever option is right for you, professional protection in Brisbane is highly recommended to ensure your home is properly protected.
By investing in pest management, you can protect your property and avoid costly damage repairs in the future.
Don’t become another statistic. Get in touch on 07 3269 4939 or request an obligation-free quote online today!
How do I know if I need termite barriers?
If you live in Brisbane or surrounding areas, it’s highly recommended to have them installed as a preventative measure against the infestations. However, there are a few signs to look out for.
✘ Mud tubes leading up walls
✘ Visible damage to wooden structures
✘ Cracked paint or plater on walls
✘ Swarms of outdoor flying insects
✘ Unexplained holes in wood
If you have had previous infestations or live in an area with a history of this type of problems, it’s recommend to have them installed.
Additionally, if you are planning to build a new property, it’s important to have barriers installed during construction to prevent future damage.
It’s always best to consult with a professional Brisbane company to assess your property and determine if the protection necessary. We can provide you with expert advice on the most appropriate type of termite treatment for your property and install it for you.
How much do termite barriers cost?
The cost of pest control in Brisbane can vary depending on a few factors, such as:
- The size of your property
- The type of barrier you choose
- The level of installation required
Generally, chemical barriers tend to be less expensive than physical barriers, with prices ranging from $2,000 to $5,000 for an average-sized home. Physical barriers, on the other hand, can range from $3,000 to $10,000 or more depending on the size and complexity of the installation.
It’s important to note that the cost should be viewed as an investment in the protection of your property against the potential cost, which can be much more expensive to repair. Additionally, the cost can be offset by potential savings in the treatments and repairs over time.
How long do termite barriers take to install?
The length of time it takes for installation can vary depending on the size of your property, the type of barrier you choose, and the level of installation required.
Generally, a chemical barrier installation can take one to two days, depending on the complexity of the installation.
During the installation process, the exterminator will need to inspect your property, prepare the area, and apply the barrier. They may also need to drill through concrete or other surfaces to install the barrier, which can add to the time required for installation.
How can I identify a professional pest company?
To identify a professional exterminator in Brisbane, here are some key factors to consider:
- License and insurance: Ensure that the company has a valid license to operate in your area and is fully insured. This will give you peace of mind knowing that you are dealing with a legitimate and professional company.
- Experience and reputation: Look for a company that has years of experience in installing termite barriers in Brisbane and has a good reputation in the industry. Check for online reviews or ask for referrals from friends or family.
- Quality materials and techniques: A professional company should use high-quality materials and techniques for the installation. They must be knowledgeable about the most recent industry norms and rules.
- Transparent pricing: A reputable company will provide you with a transparent breakdown of costs for their pest control services, without any hidden fees or charges.
- Customer service: A professional company should have excellent customer service and be responsive to your questions and concerns.
By considering these factors and doing your research, you can identify a professional company in Brisbane that will provide you with a quality installation and peace of mind knowing that your property is protected against termites.
Frequently Asked Questions about Termite Barriers in Brisbane
Yes, barriers can be very effective in preventing termites from accessing your property and causing damage. Termite barriers work by creating a physical or chemical barrier around your property, which they cannot pass through or are repelled by.
When installed correctly by a professional pest control company, barriers can provide long-term protection. However, it’s important to note that no barrier is 100% effective, and regular inspections and maintenance are still necessary to ensure that the barrier remains intact and effective.
In summary, while no barrier can guarantee complete protection against the infestations, they can be very effective in reducing the risk of the damage to your property when installed correctly and maintained properly.
The best type of barrier for your property can depend on a few factors, such as the type of property, the level of termite activity in the area, and your budget.
Here are a few commonly used types of termite barriers and their advantages:
These are the most commonly used type of barrier and involve applying a chemical to the soil around your property to create a barrier that these insects cannot pass through. Chemical barriers can be very effective and can provide long-term protection. They are also relatively affordable and can be installed quickly.
These barriers involve installing a physical barrier around the perimeter of your property to prevent these insects from entering. Common physical barriers include stainless steel mesh or plastic sheeting. Physical barriers can be more expensive than chemical barriers, but they are very effective and can last for many years.
These systems use a slow-acting toxic bait that is placed around the property to attract and kill these insects. Baiting systems can be effective in controlling infestations, but they are not considered a standalone barrier solution and may need to be used in combination with other types of barriers.
The frequency of treatments or inspections can depend on several factors, including the type of barrier installed, the level of termite activity in the area, and the age and condition of the barrier.
Generally, chemical barriers can last up to 5 to 8 years, while physical barriers can last up to 20 years or more if installed properly and maintained well. However, it’s important to note that the effectiveness of a barrier can decline over time due to factors such as erosion, landscaping changes, or damage to the barrier.
For this reason, it’s recommended that termite barriers are inspected annually by a professional company to ensure that they are still intact and effective. Depending on the findings of the inspection, the company may recommend additional treatments or maintenance to keep the barrier in good condition.
The installation of a barrier can vary depending on the type of barrier being installed. Here is a general overview of the steps involved in installing a chemical barrier:
- Inspection and preparation: A professional pest control company will inspect your property to determine the most suitable type of barrier and the areas that need to be treated. They will also clear the area around the foundation of your property to create a working space.
- Trenching: A trench will be dug around the perimeter of the property to a depth of approximately 30cm. The trench will be as wide as necessary to accommodate the size of the barrier being installed.
- Chemical treatment: The trench will be treated with a termiticide chemical that is designed to repel or kill termites. The chemical will be applied to the soil and any other materials that come into contact with the ground, such as concrete slabs or piers.
- Backfilling: Once the chemical has been applied, the trench will be backfilled with soil to cover the chemical treatment. The soil will be tamped down to ensure that the chemical is distributed evenly throughout the treated area.
- Cleaning up: The area around the property will be cleaned up, and any excess soil or debris will be removed.
- Follow-up inspections: A professional pest control company will typically conduct follow-up inspections to ensure that the barrier is working effectively and to recommend any additional treatments or maintenance that may be necessary.
Terminate insects with Complete Pest Control
We realise that an infestation calls for immediate action. Our team offers our services seven days a week and can help you eradicate the problem speedily.
We use Termatrac technology and advanced thermal imaging to accurately detect any infestation in your home. What’s more, you will then also receive a free quote based on our recommended plan for complete eradication at your property.
Depending on the nature of your infestation, various products, tools and methods will be used to leave your home completely free of any insects.
For more information, call us on 07 3269 4939 or complete our online form for a free quote today.
WHY CHOOSE US
Major brand suppliers
Request a Quote
The team at Complete Pest Control is available 7 days a week. Just give us a call and we’ll be happy to provide you with expert advice regarding any pest control problems you may be encountering.
Simply fill out the form below or call us on 07 3269 4939 or 07 5498 8517 to arrange your quote